The emergency assistance program allows students the opportunity to access short term assistance in times of need. Student Care and Well Being would not be able to assist students without the support and compassion of our UA community. Below are a few of the resources established by members of the UA community to support students in need.

Student Care and Well Being Financial Assistance Programs

Note: Student Care and Well Being emergency financial assistance is not eligible for use to pay tuition or student billing account.

Tide Together Student Support Fund

The Tide Together Student Support Fund, administered by Student Care and Well-Being, allows students the opportunity to access short term financial help in times of need. Gifts to the Tide Together Student Support Fund are critical for supporting students in crisis, both now and in the future. While anyone can contribute to this fund, it was initially established by the Delta Mu chapter of Delta Delta Delta as an assistance program.

Please provide assistance to students in crisis by donating to the Tide Together Student Support Fund.

Tide Together Donation Form

Acts of Kindness – Student Emergency Relief Fund

The Acts of Kindness fund was established to provide appropriate relief to eligible students of The University of Alabama who experience a qualifying event or emergency.

SGA Need Based Scholarship

The purpose of the SGA Need Based Scholarship Fund is to provide financial relief for students with financial need so that they might continue their academic studies at the Capstone.

How to Apply for Financial Assistance

Students in need of financial assistance should complete the application below. The information you provide in the application helps our staff determine the best way to assist you. For questions about this program contact us at 205-348-2461.

Apply for Assistance

Other Resources

Technology Need Application

The Division of Student Life, Office of Information Technology and University Libraries are partnering to provide students with necessary technology tools. Web cameras and laptops are available to borrow for students in need. (WIFI Hotspots are no longer available to check out).  Students can request needed equipment by completing the Technology Need Application.

Technology Need Application Form

Laptops and other equipment may also be checked out from University Libraries:

University Libraries Equipment Loan